Highlight of Activities Undertaken during the previous Years
A. Biodiversity Conservation
1. Species Conservation
- Watch and Ward System of Chitral Gol National Park through community watchers.
- Closure for diseased animals.
- Purchasing of field gears.
2. Habitat Conservation
- Soil Conservation(Check damming in VCC mogholandeh , Singoor and Thengshun).
- Plantation at the Buffer zones of CGNP.
- Installation of Solar Lighting system in all the inspection Huts of CGNP.
- Repair and Maintenance of Broneshaal inspection Hut.
- Decoration of Park including introduction of log benches, construction of camping sites and sign boards.
B. Community Development
- Water supply scheme in VCC Balach
- Water Supply Scheme in VCC Jangbazar
- Rehabilitation of irrigation water channel of VCC Mogholandeh
- Rehabilitation of irrigation water channel of VCC thengshun and Jangbazar.
- Water supply scheme facilitation to Jangbazaar Bala.
- Rehabilitation of irrigation water channel of VCC Goldur and Balach.
- Introduction of early warning system during the inundation season.
- Flood damage assessment of July 2015 severe flood of Chitral gol
- Supply of clean drinking water to the VCC’s during the severe flood 2015 at chitral gol.
- Kitchen Gardening(distribution of chickens to VCC goldur, singoor, Rehankot, Shaliden, Zargaradeh, Thengshen and Jangbazaar.
- Installation of Solar Lighting system in the Mosque of VCC Rehankot.
- Relief(cash) to the most poorest earthquake victims of VCC Mogholandeh, Thenghsun, Jangbazar, Goldur, Balach, Singoor, and Shaliden.
- Vaccination to livestock of VCC Mogholandeh, Goldur, Singoor and Balach.
1. Culture Preservation
- Conducted a workshop on Mapping of Traditional Festival in district Chitral.
- Organized a one day festival entitled “Shaaru Festival” at its buffer zone Rumboor valley.
- Conducted one day training of capacity building of field staff.
- Organized one day inter –school speech and quiz competition regarding environment and natural resources.
3. Research work and Publications (Download)
- Ecological Survey of Chitral Gol National Park.
- Population trend of Kashmir Markhor in Chitral Gol National Park.